Compliments and Complaint Process

How to give a compliment, raise concerns or make a complaint

At Supportive Care, we welcome any feedback- good or bad- about any aspect of your contact with our team. We need to know if we are not getting things right for you or your relative or friend, and equally we like to know when we are. This leaflet explains how you can let us know what you think.

We use all feedback as an opportunity to listen, learn and get things right.

There are a number of ways in which you can let us know what you think

1. Talk to the staff you are in contact with…

On the Reception desks, on the wards or in the department of the hospital you are visiting. Or you can ask to speak to the person in charge. If you have a problem, they will do their best to sort it out. If they can’t deal with this matter, they will contact someone else who can.

If you would prefer to speak to someone not connected to that department, you can ask to speak to Pam Mottershead on 0161 413 8230 or email

2. Fill in a SCUK comment form…

These forms give you the chance to say what you think needs improving or what you particularly appreciated. You can fill in our comment forms on the Supportive Care website through the contact us section or email the Complaints Manager via to request a hard copy.

You can complete these documents anonymously if you wish, but if you would like a response, please provide your telephone number and/or address.

3. Write to the Clinical Director

You can also provide feedback to or raise concerns with the Clinical Director at the following address:

The Clinical Director, Supportive Care UK Ltd, Suite 7, Southgate 2, 319 Wilmslow Road, Cheadle, Cheshire. SK8 3PW

How we will respond to your concerns

A member of our team will contact you to discuss the concerns you have raised. These concerns can be addressed in a number of ways; via a telephone call, a face-to-face meeting with the appropriate staff or a written response. It’s always easier to investigate a concern if it’s made as soon as possible after the event.


If your concerns cannot be resolved straightaway;

  • We will acknowledge receipt of your concerns within three working days either in writing or by telephone.
  • We will provide you with a full response to your concerns, within the timescale we agree with you. This response will be in writing, by telephone or at a meeting.
  • If we have a meeting with you to try to resolve your concerns, we will provide you with a record of that meeting.

If you are not happy with our response

We always try to resolve concerns or complaints to the satisfaction of the people involved. If our final response does not satisfactorily answer your complaint, you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) to investigate your case. You can contact them at or telephone 0345 015 4033 (8.30am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri)